Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Banana Fritters


I love, love, love baking and cooking with bananas. I tend to have plenty of them (both bananas AND recipes that use them) around, as a quick search for "banana" on this blog would reveal... (in my opinion, there are never too many varieties of banana bread!)

When I saw this recipe, I knew I would want to try it. I managed to eat these for dinner one night, but they would also make a delicious dessert (and would be a more healthy option if these, covered in syrup, were the final ending to a salad dinner!).

In a large bowl, mash the bananas and blend in the eggs.


Stir in the flour.


Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Drop spoonfuls (2 to 3 inches in diameter) of the batter into the hot oil.


Reduce the heat to medium. When bubbles begin to appear, turn and cook the other side until golden brown.


Repeat the process until all the batter is used up, keeping the cooked fritters in a warm oven. Serve them with maple syrup or honey.

One year ago: Cranberry Orange Cream Scones
Two years ago: Stromboli
Three years ago: Sausage Pumpkin Pasta
Four years ago: Baba Ghanoush

For more inspiration, check out Hearth and Soul, Cast Party, What's Cooking, What's Cooking #2, Full Plate Thursday, Showcase Your Talent, Foodie Friday, Foodtastic Friday, Foodie Friday #2, Friday Flash, Friday Frenzy.

Banana Fritters

6 ripe bananas
2 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons vegetable oil

In a large bowl, mash the bananas and blend in the eggs. Stir in the flour. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Drop spoonfuls (2 to 3 inches in diameter) of the batter into the hot oil. Reduce the heat to medium. When bubbles begin to appear, turn and cook the other side until golden brown. Repeat the process until all the batter is used up, keeping the cooked fritters in a warm oven. Serve them with maple syrup or honey.

Recipe Source: Martha Stewart

6 comments:

  1. These look so good! And I love that there are only four ingredients! I love baking with bananas too, I love the natural sweetness they give everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy I think I would have to serve this with some chocolate or nutella sauce. thanks for linking up to friday frenzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sara,
    Your Banana Fritters would be a very special treat! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great weekend!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your banana fritters look delicious, Sara! What a great easy recipe to have on hand. Thank you for sharing it with us at the Hearth and Soul Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, get out of here… these are so cool just the kind of recipe I need to put in my teenager's cooking file (yes, I keep one for them) Pinning. so glad you brought this to foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made these today and the kids loved them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.